Thursday, September 16, 2010

Venting


I have a few things to vent out today.  I'll go in order that the happened in.

1. In ENG 271, we were once again covering The Aeniad.  Well in it brings up Cassandra.  You know the priestess that Apollo cursed where no one would believe her because she refused to be his bride.  Well someone brought her up and I was trying to explain that little fact, which by the way is in the book, and I got hushed.  She did apologize after class, but I felt like that it was useless.  Cassandra plays a part in what happens to the Greeks.  Because Ajax the lesser rapes her in the temple of Athena, Athena punishes the Greeks.

2. When a county is going to do work on a dead end street, they need to warn the residents.  When I came home from campus at about 2:00 pm, I had to wait for them to move a bulldozer.  I did see someone paint on the yards and things yesterday, but there was no warning.  Did they not think that someone could come home?  I was really worried cause the car was about to over heat and I really needed to get back home.  I almost parked in my yard, but we do have a small ditch.  Not good for my little car.

No comments:

Post a Comment