Saturday, September 4, 2010

ER LAST NIGHT

Last night I went to the ER at St. Vincent’s, after waiting hours, I finally got back into a room. They did a urine test and blood tests. Also I got a CT scan. I also got my first IV, and now I know how much they hurt. I barely moved my right arm; I’m still having pain. Any way, the doctor didn’t find anything bad, like a cyst or a tumor. I could have a small hernia or a pinched nerve in my back.

So I know some very bad things that I don’t have, but I still don’t know what I have. Before I left they gave me some morphine. We drove back home. I took a shower and climbed in bed. As I tried to go to sleep, I got pain in my chest and upper back. It got better as I stood and if I sat up. I told my dad. He thought it was the meds. I did get to sleep. I slept from before 4 am to 3 pm. I was really tried and it had to be the meds, too. I had a little pain when I woke up, but that’s normal.

The doctor did prescribe me a pain pill, and I’m to go to a gastrointestinal doctor to get checked out.

There is something funny is all this. They had our address from almost 25 years ago. The address where my parents were living when I was born. So think about it. They had records for me since I was born. That’s funny and kinda neat, since I hadn’t been to the hospital since except to be there for my uncle when he had surgery. When the woman asked, it took my dad awhile to realize what address she meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment